Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Christmas Tree Star

I wonder if the Christmas Tree Mug will catch on? It seems just about as reasonable as the star. Caffeine has helped guide me on many great journeys, through my consumption or that of others.

By “great journeys”, I think I mean long, tedious, interesting, exciting, exhilarating movements through time where keys get locked in cars, cars get flat tires, roadsides disappear with construction, tie straps make a mockery of planning . . . wiring diagrams start to relax a little, the laundry piles seem to get smaller, letters of intent begin to reveal intent, a few Russian words begin to make sense . . . prepared meals are shared with friends, new jobs are taken, Christmas trees are decorated . . . an unexpected ride on a motorcycle ends three feet from a brick wall (completely frightening, but maybe just as exciting). . .

I am looking forward to another year of great journeys and the brick walls that are no match for caffeine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Godwin said...

I love you, Jennifer. Oh, my goodness! How could I not? As the years go by, I am more and more convinced of the great gift you are in my life. Lucky, lucky me! -mg

2:13 PM  
Blogger James said...

Jenn...I love this recount of happenings gone by. It brings back images in my head of every one of them that I've been there for. Every time I read or see a new post from you it makes me miss home all the more. Or perhaps just the memory of home, and the warm feelings it brings - very much the same warm, feeling received after drinking one of those hot cups of coffee. :)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Tommi L. Godwin said...

Jennifer!

More great stuff from you... I echo what Mary and James are saying... thank you for so vividly recalling the memories of home for all of us -- in picture and word. We'll be together soon.

-Tommi

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.